Saturday, May 22, 2010


God I can't believe it's been almost a month since my update! I've just been so busy between my work schedule and spending time with the boyfriend. Everything has been going good when it comes to RA. I was still getting reactions to the Enbrel Sureclick & my boy offered to have his mom inject Enbrel with a syringe instead to see if that made any difference cause she does injections every day for people since she is a nurse so I trusted her. So last week the syringes arrived I took a peek cause I was curious as to what they looked like. It wasn't too scary and the needle wasn't that big. Well last thursday we did my first syringe injection. It hurt way less then the auto when it first went in and i didn't feel it until she pulled it out and it stinged a bit but so far the results are great I haven't had a reaction on my leg like I was having. His mom offered to give me the shots as long as I need too. She is so sweet <3 Eventually maybe I'll get some courage to do the syringe myself. I saw my rheumy April 27th and was off of Omeprazole 20 MG (1x a day) Prednisone 5 MG (2x a day & Diclofenac 75 MG (2x a day)

as of May 4th. =D I take Diclofenac as needed now which I haven't needed except a handful of times so far. So the Enbrel and Methotrexate are holding up well! I just hope this works for me. I've been getting headaches lately too but i've read that this is a side effect of Enbrel. I've been thinking about trying on the Injectable Methotrexate instead of the pill form also so that's something I plan on asking the rheumy about next time I see him which will be in about a month in a half now. I've been keeping up with my blood tests every six weeks, Just got it done on the 17th. When I was at the rheumy's he said my white blood cell count was low and that we'd see how it was doing the next time I see him.

I got an ear infection in both ears this past week, I waited because I thought it would get better but that was a mistake :( my bf's mom checked them out and I did have an infection so friday morning I made an emergency DR appt. Went it and got my prescription for ear drops and antibiotics. So the bf has been giving me my drops 3x a day. I don't know what I'd do without him! he's been so wonderful to me. :)

Other then that everything is going well. Life is good, finally. I feel like everything is on the right track heading in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment