Monday, October 11, 2010

Oh hi depression!


Hi there zoloft remember me? I took you when I was younger for awhile and trying to deal with my mom passing away well it seems that we are now meeting again, but now for a different reason, you see I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and well... It sucks. & makes me cry a lot and feel just.. depressed. I feel like my life has been stolen from me and it hurts to know I can't do things that I wish I could. Do you think you can help me out again? I feel like this might be a big issue and you may not be able to conquer it for me but my Rheumy insisted I give it a shot today while I started crying in his office. You see depression and all this stress is not helping when it comes to my flares. It's not good for me, so maybe just maybe you can help me get my life back on track?

Love,

Skye


So I had my rheumy appt today. The game plan is to switch to injectable MTX because I am starting to get very sick from the pills and it horrible, I pick up my MTX vial tomorrow and the boyfriends mom will be shooting me up with that once a week. I went back to my Enbrel sureclick since i'm in school and i didn't wanna have to deal with needed someone else to do it but i'm really hoping this MTX injection will work out better on my tummy. Besides that we covered a few other topics such as insurance changes, and switching to humira which i'm gonna hold off on for now. He prescribed me a anti depressant as you would have read above, let's see how that goes =/ Overall i'm exhausted just got home from school waiting for my food to cook then i'm off to bed and have school in the morning. Hope all of you are doing well.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Skye,

    I'm so sorry you're feeling so unwell. I hope the injectable Methotrexate works for you. It's been working really well for me, and while I know that RA is different for everyone, I'm hoping it makes the difference for you in terms of your nausea, etc. You might also want to ask your rheumatologist about the dose of folic acid you're on and upping it – don't want to play doctor, but just a thought re mitigating some side effects...

    I really, really hope you feel better soon. This is such a crap disease, and we need to feel the best we can to deal with it if you know what I mean.

    Sending all my best thoughts your way! :) L

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry your feeling a bit down. I hope your doctor is not putting you on anti's just for one cry. Even a dozen cries. We are entitled to feel some anger and sadness toward our disease. It doesn't make us depressed. If you are truly depressed, I hope the meds will help you find a rainbow sky once again. Hugs and many of us out here to root you on. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the new meds, Skye. I'll be thinking of you! ~;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Laurie, I actually did ask him about that he said it's okay to up my folic acid to 3 a day if needed, instead of 1. :) & because of your blog is the reason I heard about injectable MTX so thank you!

    @ Tammy, I've been feeling this way for awhile now, I know it's a combination of my RA & Stress, I really have no other reason to be unhappy. It kind of makes me mad because I have support here but sometimes it just doesn't feel like enough, I figured giving the anti depressants a chance wouldn't hurt, it if doesn't help i'll just stop them. Thank you :)

    @ Mariah, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope everything works. I think when something, anything, changes in your life, it takes time to get used to those changes. And that makes perfect sense. Take as good care of yourself as you would a friend going through the same thing and know we're all thinking of you! :) L

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zoloft and injections - I do understand, and I understand the depression. I got RA when very young (I'm 53 now) and I know how difficult it is. But I promise there are good days to come.


    - David

    Aloe Vera Juice Benefits
    Holistic Nutrition and Health

    ReplyDelete