Besides medications what else do i rely on?
1. I've found that it is very necessary for me to get plenty of rest at night or even naps during the day for me to have enough energy and feel good.
2. I got a heating blanket for my bed. I've found it to be very helpful on days that i'm extra sore, which has been a lot lately due to the cold weather and constant rain we've been getting here in southern cali.
3. I downloaded a few iphone apps to help me keep track of my pain as well. iArthritis (99 cents) , & My Pain Diary (free).
4. I recently purchased a wii fit in hope to gets into some yoga and other activities that will help me stay active which in return will maybe help me feel better.
5. I really try to stay as "green" as possible so instead of those arthritis creams on the market i got some all natural organic ones, 1 from a local organic stores called Goodwin's and the other is a burts bees muscle pain relief cream. I find these to help some days that i just need that extra boost.
6. I recently picked up some handmade bath salts at the local magick store "Dragon Marsh" in riverside. 1 is "healing and health" and the other is "lavender" so I'm going to try those out to help me relax on the nights that are stressful for me.
7. I have a book on anti inflammatory foods that I need to start looking into more, I was a vegetarian for a good 6 months but now i just stay away from red meat only. I still eat things that I know i shouldn't like the common "night shade" plants, tomatoes & potatoes. I just can't give up french fries or ketchup! I have made a connecten with food already and notice a difference in how i'm feeling. I need to get back on track and continue to eat as healthy as possible.
8. My planner, this idea was given to me by my stepmom. It's strictly used to keeping track of doctor appointments, people i speak with, phone numbers and things of that nature that deal with my RA.
I hope to have more things i can add to my list as time progresses with my RA.