Tuesday, August 31, 2010

School & Time for a switch


I started school yesterday night. I'm taking Human Reproduction monday nights 6 to 9p. Then Tues/Thurs I have a journalism class and geography with a lab from 8am-12:35pm so it's not to bad but still more then i've been used to. I just want to get my AA in the spring i'm almost there!

First night of school went well, I find myself doing better with night classes compared to early morning. This morning was tough, I have been having sleeping problems the past few weeks so that doesn't help. I was really tired going there today, and my arms are KILLING me today! :( seriously no fun at all. My feet are sore as well. I have an appt with the disabled student center to go over accommodations and stuff this friday at 11:30am. (god was i happy to have my disabled parking permit at school, i would have had to park super far otherwise! thinking about walking that far to get to class with sore feet makes me cringe) I have to work tonight 5:30-10pm I was able to get out of class early today so I came home checked the mail to mail in my time sheet for EDD and ate food then fell right asleep. So i'm awake now and I feel like i'm charged enough so actually go to work i was thinking about calling off but i think i'll be okay now. Except for the soreness, i'll just have to put some icy hot on it and hope that helps. I've been taking my meds so i don't know whats going on. Which leads me to my next topic.

I'm highly thinking about switching from Enbrel to Humira. I honestly don't feel like it's working as good as It used to. I filled out the patient support thing for Humira today so hopefully that will go through and my next appt with the Rheumy is at the end of sept (suppposed to be but I can't even make an appt yet still waiting for insurance to approve another one) so by then i'm going to ask for a switch.

3 comments:

  1. Hope you find some comfort with your RA as well as your insomnia. Though only being diagnosed with RA for a little under a year, I have dealt with insomnia since my time in the military. Insomnia, stress, and RA creates a vicious cycle. As always, just know you are not alone in this fight. Hoping you have a pleasant evening filled with blissful slumber. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment :) yeah all three of those in combination suck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had good luck with Enbrel for 5 1/2 years before it quit working for me. After Orencia didn't work very well, I am now on Humira. It stings more than Enbrel did, but I am feeling better again. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete